Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Note: Recording of meetings available here: Project meetings


2021-05-11

Status:

  • OSC lab:
    • Felix created accounts for HCL and provided access to the RIC integration VM - working?
    • Alexandre Huff (TS xApp) has account as well -
    • Viavi access to install E2 simulator?
  •  KPIMON:
    • New code checked in LF repo
  • LP xApp (ChinaMobile):
    • update by email: James working with Viavi - may need a new RMR message type.
  • Bouncer xApp:
    • code checking not yet started
  • AD & QP xAPP:

  • HW:
    • C++: Refactoring between xApp and c++ framework moving slowly.
    • Python/go (Samsung):
      • python: waiting for HeeWon commit.
      • go:Update next week.
  • Slow moving items:
    • SSP (Samsung): Initial discussion - Patent issue raised by Jun - Matti waiting for TOC response (may be hard with Apache license)
    • "Portability SDK": discussions continue on E2, SDL, and A1 interface in the SDK - contributing to WG-3 RIC Arch periodically
    • See if ONF simulator could be used with OSC RIC (Samsung, Nokia also members) - should be possible if E2 AP and KPM versions match (KPM 2.0.3 if I heard correctly)
    • Subhash: Committer changes needed (Rahul → Naman) - Matti needs to start the vote (today).



==============================================

OLD MEETINGS:


2019-08-13

  1. Quick overview of the RICAPP project and its goals for Release Amber (by Rajesh Panta)

2019-08-27

  1. Status update on RICAPP epics for O-RAN Amber release: which ones will be completed for sure, completed likely, and which ones will move to Release B.

2019-09-10

  1. Review of one page status update for the O-RAN SC TOC
  2. Discussion on ideas for B Release
    1. Impacts of A1/O1/E2 standardization
    2. E2 Control messages
    3. xApp composition/chaining?
    4. Resiliency (xApp replication, for example)
    5. New xApp ideas/volunteers?

2019-09-24

  1. xApp updates:
    1. AC - mostly completed - documentation, persistence using SDL C++ library, A1-spec based policy guidance with support for multiple policy instances in progress
    2. MC - legal review completed, development can move back to LF, deployable xApp with some initial reports generated and sent using VES
    3. ML xApp - initial work, not a realistic working xApp in Amber release
    4. KPImon - repo created, feasibility analyzed
    5. UE Manager - moving to RIC platform project
  2. Discussion on open issues and release B ideas.


2019-10-08

  1. OAM repo discussion with Martin Skorupski
  2. xApp status update: AC, MC, KPI Mon
  3. ML xApp presentation (Guy Jacobson)

2019-10-22

  1. Release A Planning: Code freeze (Nov 2nd), only bug fixes and documentation after that
  2. Release A xApp status
    1. AC xApp: code, CI/CD/test coverage, some documentation done - implements pre-spec A1/E2
    2. MC xApp: code done, in repo soon - CI/CD, test coverage, and documentation to do
    3. ML xApp: sample code in repo - may not be a real xApp in Release A
    4. KPIMon xApp: repo created, sample message reviewed -
  3. xApps in Release B
    1. Multiple ML xApps for the Release B use case (Rittwik) - see https://oranalliance.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/NonRTRIC/pages/235634729/WG2+F2F+4+San+Jose+Meeting-Oct.+2019
    2. Extensions of the current xApps

2019-11-05

  1. any news from any of the xApps?
    1. no news


2019-11-19

  1. Amber Release status for xApps
  2. Bronze Release planning:
    1. Traffic steering use case and xApps needed to support that (presentation by Gueyoung Jung )


2019-12-03

  1. Amber Release status for xApps - https://wiki.o-ran-sc.org/display/TOC/Project+Readiness+for+Amber+Release
  2. xApp documentation - already covered in RIC platform meeting
  3. Bronze Release - TS use case
    1. Other Bronze epics will be discussed in the next meeting


2019-12-17

  1. Any updates from team?
    1. Main developer of AC xApp is leaving AT&T
    2. Netsia - no resources available at the beginning of Bronze
  2. Bronze epics from RSAC team


2020-01-14

  1. Review of Bronze epics
  2. Open issues/questions


2020-01-21

  1. Review of traffic steering use case and xApps for the use case.


2020-02-04

  1. Plan and timeline for Bronze release
  2. Open questions?


2020-02-18

  1. Status update of Bronze release
  2. Open questions?


2020-03-03

  1. Still waiting for TOC to approve repo requests
  2. HelloWorld: version 2 ready - deployment/config, rmr + SDL
  3. TS/QP/QP Driver: Design, learning of xApp frameworks
    1. Python/C++ xApp frameworks under development (see gerrit)
  4. KPIMON: Dev will start this week (Samsung)


2020-03-17

  1. Finally a TOC approval for new xApp repos, repos created
  2. Status update (Matti)
  3. name-space and message schemas (Ron)


2020-03-31

  1. Sprint demo:
    1. Last one: MC xApp with simulator
    2. This week: QP-Driver and its use of the xApp python framework
  2. Traffic steering use case detailed documentation: Traffic Steering Use Case xApps
  3. Status update:
    1. Mock-up data created in TS-UE-NIB and TS-cell-NIB
    2. JSON payloads for messages between xApp defined and refined
    3. QP-driver code in repo, others hopefully soon
    4. Stretch goal: TS, QP-Driver, and QP exchanging RMR-messages with payload by the end of this sprint
    5. KPIMON: Anticipated completion May 3rd


2020-04-14

  1. Status update (Matti): RICAPP-04-14.pptx

2020-04-28

  1. Sprint demo: HelloWorld xApp
  2. Two week extension for xApp from O-RAN SC TOC
  3. Status


2020-05-12

  1. Status at code freeze:
    1. MC - done
    2. HW - done, needs documentation
    3. Traffic steering use case xApps:
      1. TS - done, testing in progress, needs documentation
      2. QP-Driver - done, testing in progress
      3. QP - unknown
      4. KPIMON - waiting for legal review

2020-06-09

  1. Bronze status:
    1. MC - done,
    2. HW - being tested,
    3. TS-QP-driver-QP: being tested,
    4. KPIMON - legal review, hopefully in maintenance release
  2.  Cherry plan:
    1. Utilize new RIC SDK APIs: alarms, logging, config change, A1-P
    2. Extend the TS use case: E2 CONTROL, real ML model, integration with more realistic simulator


2020-06-23

  1. Bronze status:
    1. TS use case xApps (TS, QP-D,QP) ready, tested, and released, KPIMON delayed until maintenance release due to legal review (+ testing required)
    2. HW demo and MC xApp also ready, tested and released
  2.  Cherry progress:
    1. Planning underway for the extension to the traffic steering use case, WG-3 spec will likely arrive late but we will try to accommodate it if possible
    2. QP-D: raises and cancels alarms (SDL availability) - first RIC component to raise an alarm
    3. In progress: all open source xApps using RIC SDK APIs for O1-PM/FM (alarms/metrics), O1-CM (configuration) and A1-P (policy intent).

2020-07-07

  1. Bronze and Bronze maintenance status update.
    1. Bronze done with 5 xApps
    2. Waiting for Samsung KPIMON and Viavi simulator output for the maintenance release.
  2. Cherry progress.
  3. How to contribute:
    1. Help with an existing xApp (Find an unassigned user story here https://jira.o-ran-sc.org/projects/RICAPP/ and contact me)
    2. Suggest a new xApp idea/.
  4. HCL is interested in contributing to the ML pipeline in xApp (QP) - followup by email
  5. Idea on how infra metrics could be used in xApps was discussed - in the O-RAN  architecture they should be only exposed to nonRT RIC, need to think if RIC's own infra metrics could be somehow used by xApps.


2020-07-21

  1. Bronze Maintenance status:
    1. Received extension from TOC, still waiting for KPIMON and Viavi simulator trace file
  2. Cherry progress:
    1. HelloWorld (C++) user stories available to anybody interested
    2. Discussions on new xApps:
      1. HCL (Matti set up a call Wed morning at 9am ET - 6:30pm India)
      2. Samsung (to be discussed)
    3. Still pruning epics and user stories
  3. James ChinaMobile: new xApp idea - will reach out to Matti by email


2020-08-04

  1. Bronze Maintenance status:
    1. Received KPIMON code and was able to build image and run, problem with SubManager supporting KPM E2SM blocked completion of use case. Full TS use case delayed to Cherry Release.
  2. Cherry progress:
    1. Existing user stories (HelloWorld, QP-Driver) available for anybody interested
    2. Discussions on new xApp ideas with HCL, ChinaMobile, and Samsung - licensing details to be determined, then Matti will request new repos. (see slides: RICAPP-20-08-04.pptx)
    3. Rittwik will follow up with Viavi on data.


2020-08-17

  1. Cherry status:
    1. TS use case: Hope that we will get data from Viavi RAN simulator very soon (for E2 SIM as well as training xApps).
    2. KPIMON xApp (Samsung): SubManager bug has been fixed - still exploring why E2 submission request does not complete.
    3. AD xApp (HCL): Repo requested from OSC TOC, approvals by email, LF repo creation request submitted, meeting to review design soon.
    4. HelloWorld xApp: HCL will take some user stories
    5. QP: HCL will provide alternative ML model (Matti will create separate user stories)
    6. ChinaMobile decision on license.
    7. Matti will send UE/cell schema to Neeraj Gupta.
    8. Akash will email Matti about HelloWorld xApp.
  2. Discussion soon with Samsung about Cherry xApp work.


2020-09-01

  1. Cherry status:
    1. HCL updates (Ramesh) - Matti will set up a meeting on Thursday. Include Subhash.
    2. Viavi software has been installed - Matti will follow up see how we can share data.
    3. KPIMON xApp (Samsung): Issues with RIC platform (routing etc) and E2 Simulator have been resolved, KPIMON receives E2 REPORT messages but fails to process them (maybe simulator payload issue).
    4. AD xApp (HCL): Repo created, waiting for data (Viavi)
    5. MC xApp (AT&T): Integrated with SonarCloud - we will share hints after we get it fully working.
    6. HelloWorld xApp: User stories available: code coverage/sonar, integration with C++ framework (alarms, metrics, config), simulator extension - Matti will assign
    7. QP xApp (AT&T, HCL): Waiting for data - discuss on Thursday.
    8. TS xApp: HCL (Vaishali) attempted to test A1 policy - waiting for guidance from Ron.
    9. Any updates from ChinaMobile - final decision this week.
    10. Does KPIMON collect other information than Ron's schema - Matti will check.
  2. Discussion soon with Samsung about Cherry xApp work.


2020-09-14

  1. Cherry status:
    1. Viavi simulator has been installed - hopefully we can share data any day now!
    2. KPIMON xApp (Samsung): KPIMON receives E2 REPORT messages but fails to process it - close to resolution.
    3. Load Predictor (ChinaMobile): Agreement on license, waiting data + Matti will request a repo.
    4. Signal Storm Protection (Samsung): Ironing out details - Cherry goal to implement simple detection.
    5. HelloWorld xApp: Work will resume on abstracting E2AP and HelloWorld E2 SM as C++ objects.
    6. Anomaly Detection (AD): Meeting with HCL, waiting for data. Trying different algorithms with sample data.


2020-09-29

  1. Cherry status:
    1. Viavi simulator: we can receive data from the simulator but all the fields are not there yet (e.g., UE throughput/PRB usage, UE ID) - Viavi is working on an updated version hopefully this week. Share with Subhash and Neeraj.
    2. QP xApp: Simple ML model trained to predict signal strength using Viavi data (that being only relevant input data available).
    3. KPIMON xApp (Samsung): Samsung has taken over the integration testing using E2 Simulator - Beijing team on vacation this week.
    4. Load Predictor (ChinaMobile):  Repo request sent to TOC.
    5. Signal Storm Protection (Samsung):  Repo request sent to TOC, use case presented in WG-1 UCTG.
    6. HelloWorld xApp: Subscription related bug fixed by Samsung, E2 AP/SM abstraction designed and implementation in progress.
    7. Anomaly Detection (AD - HCL): Updates from Neeraj. Demo in 2.5 weeks?
    8. Akash, Vaishali: New message type - Matti will add two message types, coordinate with Ron on message format. Need to check Routing Manager. Matti will schedule a meeting with Neeraj later this week.


2020-10-13

  1. Hello world (HW) python and go repos requested (Samsung) - waiting for TOC approvals
  2. Load Prediction (LP) and Signal Storm Protection (SSP) repos approved by TOC - waiting for LF
    1. Meeting with James about LP tomorrow.
  3. Viavi simulator updated - now producing all requested fields, simulates UE mobility - waiting for legal issues at Viavi before sharing output. LF recommends new repo for the simulator data.
  4. KPIMON: Debugging session last night - new versions of SubMan, RM, etc disappeared from nexus staging
  5. AD: Message types added, demo this week!
  6. vF2F slides for RICAPP (Matti)


2020-10-27

  1. Hello world (HW) python and go repos approved by TOC (Samsung) and repo creation requested  - waiting for LF
  2. HW (C++) now includes C++ classes for E2AP (to be moved to C++ framework) + E2 HW SM, subscription flow works, adding unit tests
  3. Load Prediction (LP) and Signal Storm Protection (SSP) repos create and LP discussed with James (ChinaMobile)
  4. Viavi simulator updated - legal issues at Viavi resolved. Requested SIM PTL (Alex) to request a repo.
  5. KPIMON: Works with E2 SIM now - detailed testing underway + unit testing, documentation, xapp descriptor - Matti will reach out
  6. QP: Adding ML model still underway (AT&T, HCL - working on that, meeting soon)
  7. AD demoed at sprint demo (HCL)
    1. - files being checked in right now, issue with interaction with TS, RM config update to be checked in, e2e test for Cherry release, Sunil will replace Neeraj from HCL
  8. Matti will send WG-1 use case document to Ramesh (for network slicing documentation)


2020-11-10

  1. Traffic steering use case video at the demo meeting last week.
  2. Hello world (HW) python and go repos created (Samsung)
    1. get started in Cherry, issues with JJBs/info.yaml, Subhash needs help from xapp go framework (Nune - Matti emailed Subhash and Nunel)
  3. HelloWorld (C++) user stories completed with regard to E2AP/E2SM wrapping classes.
  4. Viavi simulator: Repo created in SIM project, either Viavi or AT&T will commit simulator output data set
  5. KPIMON: Still some cleanup to do (Ron reported a bug) + documentation, unit tests etc
  6. AD xApp:
    1. Trained ML model cannot be committed to LF (size limit) - alternative plan?
    2. First patch of code submitted - O-RAN job builder verification step missing
  7. QP: Still waiting for AT&T version to be submitted? Could HCL submit theirs first? HCL will submit theirs by Friday.


2020-11-24

Cherry target: KPIMON, QP-D, QP, TS, HW (C++), AD, MC

Dawn: Cherry + LP, SSP, HW (Python/go), Bouncer in its own repo

  1. QP: dealing with some issue with tox and image build, HCL: QP-D → QP communication is not working, images of components not available - Matti will check with Felix which versions he is using for e2e testing
  2. KPIMON: Ron working on E2 simulator to generate payloads accepted by KPIMON - traffic steering use case test flow documented Traffic Steering Flows
  3. AD xApp: Test flow documented AD xApp Flows - Integration and Testing - Confluence (o-ran-sc.org), in review stage (Matti/Ron)
  4. HW health check flow to be documented (Matti)
  5. LP xApp: Problems with committing code
  6. HW (Python/go): HW go issue resolved with Nune, python issue with JJB - will reach out to LF
  7. SSP xApp: ?
  8. Bouncer xApp: Matti will have to request the repo. RTT 1sec, E2T to xApp taking almost 1 sec.


2020-12-08

Cherry target: KPIMON, QP-D, QP, TS, HW (C++), AD, MC

Dawn: Cherry + LP, SSP, HW (Python/go), Bouncer in its own repo

Status:

Cherry items:

  • Traffic steering: Ron has succeeded in getting the traffic steering use case working (E2 SIM, nRT RIC platform, KPIMON, TS, QP-D, QP) with small fixes to KPIMON, TS, and QP. Unfortunately the ML-based QP did not make it to the repo in time.
  • Some fixes to KPIMON hoped in Cherry Maintenance (move from direct Redis to SDL).
  • Anomaly Detection: HCL had a meeting with Felix on testing the use case on Monday - result: Everything is fixed! Testing procedure updated.

Dawn items:

  • LP xApp (ChinaMobile): CCLA issue delaying commits but development continues
  • HW (Python/go - Samsung): Working with LF team - Jenkins jobs seem to be running.
  • SSP (Samsung): Trying to set up a meeting with Jun Song to discuss details for Dawn.
  • Bouncer xApp (HCL): Matti still to request a repo - Maintenance release.
    • Perf results: Initial message slow, good after that.
  • QP: Maybe HCL could take over the QP xApp? - Cherry Maintenance? Deepanshu as the HCL committer - Matti will follow up by email.
    • Matti will set up a meeting next week or Jan first week to discuss Dawn plan.
  • AD xApp: What are the Dawn plans?
    • Integrate with Viavi simulator or from E2
    • Time series data base (on top of SDL enhancements done in the RIC platform)
  • TS xApp: Some kind of pre-spec E2 CONTROL message to E2 SIM and from there to Viavi simulator.
    • Spec may be available in March. O-CU integration (Radisys or open source O-CU) - E2 SM to be determined in Jan.
  • Any new use cases: A1-EI, network slicing? (Rittwik will find out what the MVP use case is).


2020-12-22

Cherry: KPIMON, QP-D, QP, TS, HW (C++), AD, MC

Dawn: Cherry + LP, SSP, HW (Python/go), Bouncer in its own repo

Status:

Cherry maintenance items:

  • Some fixes to KPIMON hoped in Cherry Maintenance (move from direct Redis to SDL, fix xapp descriptor).
  • AD: Image generation. 

Dawn items:

  • LP xApp (ChinaMobile): CCLA issue delaying commits but development continues; email to committers bouncing?
  • HW (Python/go - Samsung): Good progress.
    • Rahul: Python - A1, SDL, R-NIB, E2 missing (blocked by RIC-664), Matti will share Shraboni's HW E2 SM (new epic RICAPP-156 - Matti will take a look)
  • SSP (Samsung): Trying to set up a meeting with Jun Song to discuss details for Dawn.
  • Bouncer xApp (HCL): TOC request submitted, need a couple of more yes votes.
  • QP: Discussed with initial committers and Guy is OK with adding HCL - need another HCL person in addition to Deepanshu.
  • AD xApp: What are the Dawn plans?
    • Anything new needed from Viavi simulator? SINR?
  • TS xApp: Some kind of pre-spec E2 CONTROL message to E2 SIM and from there to Viavi simulator. 
    • Spec may be available in March. O-CU integration (Radisys or open source O-CU) - E2 SM to be determined in Jan.
    • Viavi simulator provides a REST interface to request handover.
  • Any new use cases: A1-EI, network slicing? (Rittwik will find out what the MVP use case is).


2021-01-04

Status:

  • Bouncer xApp: Matti reminded OSC TOC about more votes needed for repo request.
  • QP, QP-D: Need another HCL committer. (HCL provided Chandrasekaran) - Matti will start vote
  • AD:
    • Go ahead with new commits in master branch
    • Anything new needed from Viavi simulator (e.g., SINR) - HCL will get back Matti
    • Access to OSC lab? Matti will initiate - HCL + Samsung.
  • LP xApp (ChinaMobile): CCLA issue delaying commits but development continues;
    • Still waiting for lawyer.
  • HW (Python/go - Samsung):
    • JJB build has been resolved with LF, blocker on E2 wrapper still there. Matti will share Shraboni's E2 SM python wrapper.
    • Matti will resurrect E2AP library discussion.
    • Dawn release.
  • SSP (Samsung): Trying to set up a meeting with Jun Song to discuss details for Dawn.
  • TS xApp: 
    • Viavi simulator REST interface to request handover is ready - Ron is testing.
  • Subhash: Performance bench-marking results in demo recording (Dec 17).


2021-01-19

Status:

  • Bouncer xApp: Repo created, INFO.yaml populated
    • committer change (Vaishali out - Matti will start the vote)
    • other updates?
  • QP, QP-D: New committers added, introductory email to Guy and new committers
    • INFO.yaml updates
    • HCL will discuss Guy's code
  • AD:
    • Input for Viavi still needed on what anomalies would make sense to simulate, Viavi will provide simulator as a binary
    • Meeting invite? (Thursday 10:30am ET)? - Matti will send meeting details by email (include Subhash)
    • Access to OSC lab - any progress
    • Image build pending - will push change in Cherry Maintenance
  • LP xApp (ChinaMobile):
    • Legal review passed, CCLA submitted to LF, James will doublecheck
  • HW (Python/go - Samsung):
    • Subhash needs OSC access as well - Subhash will email Felix
    • libe2ap - Samsung Hewon (RIC-687) - Thoralf will email committers, Matti will ask Scott to create package for E2AP
    • problem with metric and alarm - Alarm Adaptor has helm issue - Thoralf is aware.
  • TS xApp: no new updates
  • SSP (Samsung): Waiting to discuss with Samsung.
  • KPIMON: Samsung promised cleanup for Cherry maintenance release
  • "Portability SDK"


2021-02-02

Status:

  • "Portability SDK" repo request revised and still waiting for enough TOC votes.
  • Viavi simulator discussions to support AD use case:
    • The goal of the scenario is to simulate an anomaly where a small set of UEs are not getting adequate signal strengths due to some temporal event in their locality.

       The RIC will detect the anomaly and may take corrective actions.

       The RAN Simulator will group users into indoor, pedestrian and vehicle groups. Some outdoor users will have less than average throughput and the RIC should identify these as outliers and take action to improve performance. Chosen UEs will fall below a throughput threshold for a period due to an obstacle blocking the signal, which is represented as a shadow-region on the topology map.

  • LP xApp (ChinaMobile):
    • Updates? - will check by email.
  • TS xApp:
    • no new updates, have to start working on E2 CONTROL message
  • HW (C++):
    • Refactoring E2AP generated files and wrapper implementation out of the xApp
  • HW (Python/go - Samsung):
    • Subhash needs OSC access as well - Subhash will email Felix - still pending
    • libe2ap - Samsung Hewon (RIC-687) - Thoralf will email committers - followup on the mail (Matti)
    • Matti will ask Scott to create package for E2AP - still in progress
    • alarm adaptor - commit coming soon, let Rahul know
  • SSP (Samsung): Waiting to discuss with Samsung.
  • KPIMON:
    • Samsung submitted Cherry maintenance fixes (SDL versus direct Redis, on-boarding).
    • Next steps: Update Influx DB (in addition to SDL)
  • Bouncer xApp:
    • committer change (Vaishali out - Matti will start the vote)
    • Testing with multiple E2 sims, code needs to be moved to repo
  • QP, QP-D:
    • HCL will discuss Guy's code
    • Time series algorithm built and tested in lab, waiting to discuss with Guy - invite Guy
  • AD:
    • Access to OSC lab - any progress - Alok reached out, no response (Chandru, Depansu)
    • Image build succeeded (staging yes), release waiting LF ticket to be resolved.
    • Documentation - Matti will reach out to documentation PTL.


2021-02-16

Status:

  • "Portability SDK" repo request approved by TOC - issues with new LF process (Matti's account)
  • LP xApp (ChinaMobile): gerrit and LF issues resolved
  • TS xApp: no new updates, have to start working on E2 CONTROL message
  • HW (C++): Refactoring E2AP generated files and wrapper implementation out of the xApp
  • HW (Python/go - Samsung):
    • Matti will ask Scott to create package for E2AP - DONE
    • Internal discussions going on Samsung
  • SSP (Samsung): Waiting to discuss with Samsung after Feb 22nd.
  • KPIMON:
    • Next steps: Update Influx DB (in addition to SDL) - work will start after Feb 22nd.
  • Bouncer xApp:
    • committer change (Vaishali out - Matti will start the vote)
    • Code checkin the newly created repo – Needs to be done.
  • QP, QP-D:
    • RICAPP-151 Design and Implementing simple time series algorithm in QPxAPP

    • Merge both the algorithm in qp code(guy code and our algorithm) and send both the predicted throughput to the traffic steering - two predictions in separate messages, we should add a model id.

    • QP-D not needed - not started yet.
  • AD:
    • Discussions with Viavi on the anomaly use case - larger sample requested, feasibility of detection to be determined experimentally.
    • Committer change vote in progress - no vote from Akash and Vaishali yet, Sunil will remind them.
    • Matti yet to reach out to DOC PTL.
    • Online learning based approach is created.

    • Loading viavi data into InfluxDB and verifying the data – Will complete in this week - need to coordinate with Samsung on inFlux format.


2021-03-02

Status:

  • "Portability SDK" repo created, INFO.yaml pending LF merge - discussions on what is "portability SDK" continues in WG-3 and elsewhere.
  • AD:
    • Commiter update: INFO.yaml updated - just merged this morning.
    • Waiting to get access to Viavi simulator
    • Matti reached out to DOC chair (Waichen Ni) about getting AD readthedocs populated. (WN: "have you run the command 'tox -e docs,docs-linkcheck' on your local system?")
    • How to get LF to count the AD lines of code to give HCL credit.
  • HW:
    • C++: Refactored to use the new E2AP package (E2AP package in staging and release); will furher refactor between xApp and c++ framework
    • Python/go - Samsung):
      • Resolution on Internal discussion? Still on-going - trying to get stakeholders together.
      • Python: E2 subscription remains, rest completed - alarm to be tested - Alarm Adaptor issue - should be solved (Thoralf). Unit testing remains, documentation partially done.
      • Rahul provided user story - Matti will check (RICAPP-156)
  • LP xApp (ChinaMobile):
    • Updates? Progressing - will deliver main flow and documentation, unit test this week.
  • TS xApp: no new updates, have to start working on E2 CONTROL message - Matti will try to find resources.
  • SSP (Samsung): Initial discussion - will use some E2SM NI message.
  • KPIMON:
    • Next steps: Update Influx DB (in addition to SDL) - waiting to hear back from Samsung. Matti will reach out again. Include James in email discussion.
    • HCL is attempting to run KPIMON.
  • Bouncer xApp:
    • committer change (Vaishali out - Matti will start the vote) - HCL will send new committer info.
    • Code checkin the newly created repo – Not started yet.
  • QP, QP-D, AD:
    • Loaded viavi data(in csv format) into InfluxDB and verified the data.

    • Working on InfluxDB relay setup in our lab machine.

    • Matti still to provide user stories.
    • Matti will check with Guy about what he is doing and about coordination with HCL.


2021-03-15

Status:

  • Bouncer xApp:
    • committer change (Vaishali out - Matti will start the vote) - HCL will send new committer info - Matti waiting for committer info - Sunil will send
    • Code checkin the newly created repo – yet to start
  • QP, QP-D, AD:
    • Got the VIAVI simulator access and exploring the simulator for different UE level scenarios - anomaly use case is available.

    • InfluxDB relay setup in our lab machine - Completed..

    • Discussions with Guy - Guy needs to set up the next meeting (Matti will check)
    • Matti reached out to DOC chair (Waichen Ni) about getting AD readthedocs populated. (WN: "have you run the command 'tox -e docs,docs-linkcheck' on your local system?") - document still not showing up (Matti will followup with DOC chair).
    • How to get LF to count the AD lines of code to give HCL credit - HCL will reach out to LF
  • HW:
    • C++: Refactoring between xApp and c++ framework continues.
    • Python/go - Samsung):
      • Resolution on Internal discussion: Hangup on Alpine image - discussion continues by email. Which xApps depend on Alpine (LP, QP, AD) - see if Ubuntu can be used? HCL will try Ubunto - previously problems.
      • go: no code pushed yet,
    • Matti - Get Subhash access to Viavi simulator.
  • LP xApp (ChinaMobile):
    • Waiting for inFlux as a part of the platform.
    • Main program checked in, working on documentation and un it test.
    • Get James access to Viavi simulator.
  • SSP (Samsung): Initial discussion - will use some E2SM NI message.
  • KPIMON:
    • Next steps: Update Influx DB (in addition to SDL) - Matti reached out (inc James, Subhash etc) - no response
    • Samsung is waiting for inFlux solution
    • HCL is attempting to run KPIMON - success! Will try to help Nikhil.
  • "Portability SDK": discussions on what is "portability SDK" continues in WG-3 and elsewhere.
  • TS xApp: no new updates, have to start working on E2 CONTROL message - Matti will try to find resources.
  • See if ONF simulator could be used with OSC RIC (Samsung, Nokia also members) - see what collaboration would be possible.


2021-03-30

Status:

  • Bouncer xApp:
    • committer change (Vaishali out - Matti will start the vote) - HCL will send new committer info - Matti waiting for committer info - Sunil will recheck.
    • code checking not started yet
    • xApp replication - Brazil university - initial step: add state to the xApp, store the state in SDL layer.
  • AD & QP xAPP:
    • Got the VIAVI simulator access and exploring the simulator for different UE level scenarios.
    • Still in progress - demo given to Viavi.
    • InfluxDB setup in our lab machine - Completed
  • HW:
    • C++: Refactoring between xApp and c++ framework continues.
    • Python/go (Samsung):
      • python: E2AP - HeeWon + Scott discussion, need to refreesh the thread; available inside Samsung. Matti will refresh the thread. Somebody new will take over work for Rahul.
      • go: E2AP - send E2 related message
    • Matti - Get Subhash access to Viavi simulator - no response yet. Subhash will refresh.
    • Open lab access: Common RIC installation. HCL - VM is not there yet. Need to find VM size - coordinate with Rittwik.
  • LP xApp (ChinaMobile):
    • Waiting for inFlux as a part of the platform.
    • Slowly adding piece.
    • Get James access to Viavi simulator - Augustin replied this morning, add username this week.
  • SSP (Samsung): Initial discussion - will use some E2SM NI message. Patent issue raised by Jun.
  • KPIMON:
    • Next steps: Update Influx DB (in addition to SDL) - Matti reached out (inc James, Subhash etc) - no response
    • Samsung is waiting for inFlux solution
    • HCL is attempting to run KPIMON - success! Will try to help Nikhil.
  • "Portability SDK": discussions contininue, initial goal: define proposed SDK interface in python.
  • TS xApp: no new updates, have to start working on E2 CONTROL message - Matti will try to find resources.
  • See if ONF simulator could be used with OSC RIC (Samsung, Nokia also members) - see what collaboration would be possible - still to be done.
  • Viavi binary in OSC lab - Viavi call?


2021-04-13

Status:

  • Viavi had meetings with James and Subhash - no access yet.
  • Bouncer xApp:
    • committers changed
    • code checking not started yet - maybe start this week
    • Matti discussed with Brazilian professor about first steps towards replicated xApps with Bouncer as an example.
  • AD & QP xAPP:
    • Got the VIAVI simulator access and exploring the simulator for different UE level scenarios - facing issue (simulator stop, black screen) - Viavi shared sample data to bypass simulator use

    • Getting issues in data generation. Raised the issues with the Viavi team.  Viavi team shred the sample data. We are working on that.

    • InfluxDb – Checked in ric/deb repo, but Felix asked to put the files in  [it/dep.git] /ric-common/Common-Template/helm/ric-common/templates /

      • Need further clarification from Felix - Matti will try to get Felix to join HCL call

    • Nikhil having problems with AD/TS - Chandru replied.
  • HW:
    • C++: Refactoring between xApp and c++ framework moving slowly.
    • Python/go (Samsung):
      • python: E2AP - HeeWon + RIC-687.
      • go: E2AP - no new updates. Will try out this week to send an E2 message.
    • Open lab access: Common RIC installation. Matti worked with Felix but I guess the VM is still not there. Matti will continue bugging Felix.
  • LP xApp (ChinaMobile):
    • Updates?
  • SSP (Samsung): Initial discussion - will use some E2SM NI message. Patent issue raised by Jun - Matti brought up patent issue at TOC call.
  • KPIMON:
    • Samsung indicates KPIMON has been updated to KPM 2.0 - Matti encourages to check in updated code.
    • Samsung is waiting for inFlux solution?
  • "Portability SDK": discussions continue, initial goal: define proposed SDK interface in python.
  • TS xApp: no new updates, have to start working on E2 CONTROL message - Matti will try to find resources.
  • See if ONF simulator could be used with OSC RIC (Samsung, Nokia also members) - see what collaboration would be possible - still to be done.
  • Viavi binary in OSC lab - yes.
  • Subhash: Committer changes needed (Rahul → Naman).


2021-04-27

Status:

  • Anomaly detection use case flow and dev. resources confirmed: AD-TS-flow.pptx
  • KPIMON:
    • Update by email: Influx update added - Samsung promises to check in code now.
  • LP xApp (ChinaMobile):
    • update by email: James working with Viavi - may need a new RMR message type.
  • Viavi access for Subhash - yes
  • Bouncer xApp:
    • code checking not yet started
  • AD & QP xAPP:
    • Got the VIAVI simulator access and exploring the simulator for different UE level scenarios.

      • Still we have issues in data generation. We are working with the viavi team on that.

      • We worked on the data shared by the Viavi team. Showed the AD demo in the last viavi call.

    • InfluxDb – Checked in ric/deb repo, Incorporated review comments from Felix. Tested in our lab environment.

      • Unable to check-out the it/deb repo. need to check with Felix. (Already sent a mail regarding the issue)

  • HW:
    • C++: Refactoring between xApp and c++ framework moving slowly.
    • Python/go (Samsung):
      • python: waiting for HeeWon commit.
      • go:Update next week.
  • Open lab access: Common RIC installation. Apparently VM is there but nobody has  access yet - Matti will continue bugging Felix.
  • Slow moving items:
    • SSP (Samsung): Initial discussion - Patent issue raised by Jun - Matti waiting for TOC response (may be hard with Apache license)
    • "Portability SDK": discussions continue on E2, SDL, and A1 interface in the SDK - contributing to WG-3 RIC Arch periodically
    • See if ONF simulator could be used with OSC RIC (Samsung, Nokia also members) - should be possible if E2 AP and KPM versions match (KPM 2.0.3 if I heard correctly)
    • Subhash: Committer changes needed (Rahul → Naman) - Matti needs to start the vote (today).



  • No labels