Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting Info

RIC project meetings are open to the public and held on Tuesdays at 2pm UTC.  World Time Zone Map

Zoom 1 Info:

UTC-timeevery 2nd Tuesday, check from calendar

New York (EDT / UTC-5)every 2nd Tuesday, check from calendar+1 669 900 6833 // +1 646 558 8656 // 855 880 1246 (Toll Free) // 877 369 0926 (Toll Free)
Paris (CEST / UTC+1)every 2nd Tuesday, check from calendar+33 7 5678 4048 // +33 1 8288 0188 // 805 082 588 (Toll Free)
Beijing (CST / UTC+8)every 2nd Tuesday, check from calendar+86 10 87833177 // +86 10 53876330 // 400 616 8835 (Toll Free) // 400 669 9381 (Toll Free)
Tokyo (JST / UTC+9) every 2nd Tuesday, check from calendar+81 524 564 439 // +81 3 4578 1488 // 0 800 100 5040 (Toll Free)
Helsinki  (EEST / UTC+2)every 2nd Tuesday, check from calendar

+358 341092129

Other international numbersWorld Time Zone Map

International numbers available:


Recording: TODO

  1. plugfest video link
  2. ..
  3. RICAPP agenda: RICAPP Meetings.


Recording: TODO

  1. Cherry status
  2. Dawn - another planing meeting next week or two weeks from now?
  3. RICAPP agenda: RICAPP Meetings.


Recording: near_rt_ricplatform_and_ricapp_meeting_2020_11_10.mp4

  1. After this meeting we had  Dawn planning meeting. Updated slideset (v6 - same link as before):
    1. recording of the meeting: RIC_and_RICAPP_dawn_planning_2020_11_10_part1.mp4 and RIC_and_RICAPP_dawn_planning_2020_11_10_part2.mp4
  2. We plan to introduce a more O2-like xApp deployment interfaces. This introduces incompatibility for xApps. xApps will pass their descriptor information when registering with the app manager.
    1. check O-RAN WG on current shared view.
    2. registration could be hidden in xApp framework
    3. RSAC LCM also has something about this.
  3. Status updates
    1. HCL
        • HCL: RIC-149: Commit done. Working on Review comments.
        • HCL: RIC-150: Targeting to submit for gerrit review by wed.
        • HCL: RIC-109: In Review  → reminder sent
        • HCL: RIC-360: Targeting to submit for gerrit review by wed. pls. send e-mail to Felix and committers of ric-dep.
        • HCL: RIC-509: 3 Jobs remaining (Out of 18).
    2. Samsung
      1. RIC-95 merge still pending. Subhash sent a reminder. Thoralf tested RIC-95 with three E2 nodes.
  4. 5min Subhash (Samsung) to present CLI plan. More discussion needed. check progress in two weeks from now.
  5. RICAPP agenda: RICAPP Meetings.


Recording: RIC_and_RICAPP_dawn_planning_2020_10_27_part2.mp4

  1. project status updates
    1. known issues with Alpine base image. Scott and Timo are resolving.
    2. including ASN.1 to be included in python or C++ repo. Various options, but let's wait for TOC's legal aspects.
    3. formally this week should be code freeze for Cherry. Let me know if we need to manage any exceptions.
    4. HCL: RIC-109 commit coming, review ongoing
    5. HCL: RIC-509 commit coming, review ongoing
    6. HCL: RIC-149 commit coming, review ongoing
    7. HCL: RIC-360, RIC-150 likely to be finnished over the next few weeks
  2. Samsung
    1. Subhash working on RIC-95 and all items done. Concluded now after last reviews.
    2. RIC-203 subteam-s1 not planning to work on it. Moving it out from Cherry.
  3. Dawn planning slide: updated in 1h planning meeting we had before this meeting. Recording: RIC_and_RICAPP_dawn_planning_2020_10_27_part1.mp4 and RIC_and_RICAPP_dawn_planning_2020_10_27_part2.mp4. Next planning meeting in two weeks from now. Initial interests on who would like to work on what should come by then.
  4. RICAPP agenda: RICAPP Meetings.


Recording: near_rt_ricplatform_and_ricapp_meeting_2020_10_13.mp4

  1. note the presentations on RIC and xApps from ONeS (link) and in O-RAN. 
  2. demo on Thursday Sprint demos → 2020-10-15 Cherry R6.2 (please add agenda items)
  3. asn1-py as separate repo or as part of xapp-frame-py? Discussion to be continued over e-mail.
  4. status update (HCL).
    1. Thoralf to organize a meeting with Abdulwahid, Anssi, Adi, Felix. Ask Abdulwahid to have some working setup ready for comparison. HCL (Neeraj) to setup the environment (whcih is not working)
      1. meeting recording: RIC_troubleshooting_part1.mp4   RIC_troubleshooting_part2.mp4   RIC_troubleshooting_part3.mp4    RIC_troubleshooting_part4.mp4
    2. Subhash raised the issue of where the test cases are stored) e2's folder "automation". To be discussed in Bharath's meeting. Also Thoralf would like it to be clear if platform test cases go into ric-plt/ric-test or into it/test.
    3. RIC-109 DB: study: SDL scaling with Redis cluster (instead of sentinel) "Ready to submit gerrit review request with helm chart & docs for redis-cluster. "

    4. RIC-360 Plan and prototype helm (and k8s) upgrade with xApp manager, REC, RIC infrastructure "Work in progress. Changing appmgr/xapp-onboarder

    5. RIC-509 Components supporting continuous integration infrastructure, e.g., static code analysis "Gerrit Changes for below JIRA tickets (Under RIC-509 Epic) have been merged: RIC-648, RIC-649, RIC-650 (Verified & Reviewed but not merged yet)

    6. RIC-150 Perform e2e RIC benchmarking "Working on end to end E2SM message exchange among HW xAPP, SubMgr, RTMgr, E2Term & E2SIM. Facing issues w.r.t message exchange with SubMgr, RTMgr. Debugging is in progress. Shared the logs to community and getting support from these components experts to resolve the issue."

    7. RIC-149 Define and implement automated test cases for flows to be defined early in Bronze-R4 1) Ricdeployment : Done. Need repo(it/test) access to commit our changes for review. 2) HealthCheck Testsuite : i)dbaas: Kubectl ping pong done and coding completed. ii) dbaas: As confirmed, using SDL is the best approach to check for dbaas healthcheck and manual testing completed. Integrating with robot framework is in progress. iii)Submgr healthcheck - As confirmed Anssi we tried adding liveness/readiness probe to submgr and check for http requests. Its in progress. 3) ETE Testssuite: i)Robotxapp deployment checked manually and its working fine. But rmr code which i used for robotxapp deployment is the older one with NNG package. Hence want to check with Bharath and Dave. ii) Automation : out of 11 testcases , 8 testcases passed for this xappdeployments and 3 testcases failed using post request for RAN via E2mgr X2 interface and seems the commands are deprecated. Alternate commands to check for and try proceeding. URL:

  5. RIC-95  updates (Subhash). RIC-260, RIC-643. Rahul commented that RIC-95 is basically done. Two merges still pending, but code review already done.  Thoralf is still to do testing.
  6. How do we plan work for Dawn. Thoralf proposes 1h planning meeting where we collect input from all possible contributors.
    1. We also look at the current draft/wish list cherry_and_dawn_near_rt_ric.pptx
    2. Thoralf to organize a separate meeting next week on this
  7. RICAPP agenda: RICAPP Meetings.

Older meeting minutes

check from here: Project meetings (old)

  • No labels