Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Table of Contents
maxLevel2

TOC Voting Members 

Company

NameAlternate

AT&T

Jack Murray Co-Chair

Lusheng Ji

China Mobile

Jinri Huang Co-Chair

Weichen Ni

Deutsche Telekom 

David Streibl

Ondřej Hudousek

NTT DOCOMO

Masafumi Masuda

Anil Umesh
OrangeWilliam DiegoVincent Danno

Verizon

Viswanath Kumar Skand Priya

Kristen Young
Available (7)Available (7)
Available (8)Available (8)
Available (9)Available (9)
Available (10)Available (10)
Available (11)Available (11)
Available (12)Available (12)

*Quorum: 50% or more of total TOC voting members unless excluded due to attendance.


Heads Up! Different International Timings for Daylight Savings (Fall back one hour)

O-RAN-SC TOC

Local times

Japan

China

India

Israel

Central Europe

Ireland

US-East

US-West

2019-10-23, Mi

21:00

20:00

17:30

15:00

14:00

13:00

08:00

05:00

2019-10-30, Mi

21:00

20:00

17:30

14:00

13:00

12:00

08:00

05:00

2019-11-06, Mi

22:00

21:00

18:30

15:00

14:00

13:00

08:00

05:00


daylight savings impact


TOC Meeting Info

Technical Oversight Committee meetings are open to the public and held on Wednesdays at 8 AM Eastern Time USA.  World Time Zone Map

Zoom 2 Info:

  • Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, or Android: https://zoom.us/j/6540568082
  • Or Telephone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)
CityTimeZoom/Audio Bridge
UTC-timeWednesday 12:00

https://zoom.us/j/6540568082

New York (EDT / UTC-4)Wednesday 08:00+1 669 900 6833
+1 646 558 8656
855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
877 369 0926 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 654 056 8082
Paris (CEST / UTC+2)Wednesday 14:00+33 7 5678 4048
+33 1 8288 0188
805 082 588 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 654 056 8082
Beijing (CST / UTC+8)Wednesday 20:00+86 10 87833177
+86 10 53876330
400 616 8835 (Toll Free)
400 669 9381 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 654 056 8082
Tokyo (JST / UTC+9) Wednesday 21:00+81 524 564 439
+81 3 4578 1488
0 800 100 5040 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID:
654 056 8082
Helsinki  (EEST / UTC+3)Wednesday 15:00

+358 341092129

Meeting ID: 654 056 8082



Anchor
todays agenda
todays agenda

2020 02 12

Agenda

  1. Call for Scribe (minutes owner) Lusheng Ji
  2. Roll Call & Quorum Check 

    Company

    Contact Name

    Attendance

    Alternate Contact

    Attendance

    AT&T

    Jack Murray Co-Chair

    Y

    Lusheng Ji

    China Mobile

    Jinri Huang Co-Chair

    YWeichen Ni

    Deutsche Telekom 

    David Streibl


    Ondřej Hudousek

    NTT DOCOMO

    Masafumi Masuda

    YAnil Umesh
    Orange

    William Diego

    YVincent Danno

    Viswa Kumar




    *Quorum: 50% or more of total TSC voting members unless excluded due to attendance.  We have a quorum and can vote on activities.

  3. Review and Agree to Minutes of Previous Meeting

    1. Moved by Jinri, Seconded by William, passed.
  4. Review of Today's Agenda
    1. Jung requested item on discrepancy between WG3 and Near RT RIC PLT: added item 9.a
    2. Jinri requested  item on Open Dataset project: added item 9.b
  5. Release Votes and Approval
    1. None
  6. Marketing of the Amber release (WG, LF, PR)
    1. MWC (Barcelona): AT&T will not attend; China Mobile will not attend; NTT will not attend.  F2F may be cancelled or changed to virtual.
    2. O-RAN Alliance F2F Feb 17-21 (Paris)
    3. ONES = LF Networking Conference in April (Los Angeles).  Open Networking & Edge Summit Event
 
  7. Status of Open Action Items (Old Business)
    1. Action/ Lusheng Ji Ask PTLs to update the Status column on Amber Maintenance (Feb, 2020) page.
      1. Closed
    2. Action/ Lusheng Ji  send a reminder to the PTLs to update their projects Architecture page within on their wiki pages (near-RT RIC: done, ...)
      1. Reminder sent.  Jack will verify progress.
    3. Action/ PTLs get your F2F slide decks ready.  Due  
      1. Jinri: alternative plan is work in progress, no decision yet.  If virtual, will mimick the schedule of f2f meeting. 
    4. Action / TOC voting members: Provide an alternate contact on the TOC list above.
      1. Waiting for action by Viswa
    5. ActionJinri Huang  Tracy Van Brakle  suggested speak with Paul about the demos at ONES.
      1. Tracy: Ericsson et. al. submitted panel discussion proposal for sharing 19Dec PoC results and plan for 20Jun PoC.
      2. Closed (will update community after LF result)
    6. ActionRittwik Jana talk to Jack to send out an email to the new TOC members; Nokia, Ericsson, and Radisys

    7. Action/ Rittwik set up a time with Jack and Radisys to discuss Jira and their needs.

      1. closed
    8. ActionRittwik Jana update TSC with the short/long term UE simulator support.  

      1. Rittwik: initial meeting done, waiting on hearing what Viavi can bring to the community.  will follow up with Viavi.   Need a Packer Core simulator, UE simulator, RAN simulator, Viavi has all.  Really need the full suite of simulator to complete simulating UE actions. 
      2. Jack: will pick up in future meetings, May create a track under integration and testing to continue.  what to be done here what under TFIG.
    9. Action/ TOC we need a test coordinator with the O-RAN test group so we can come up with a common plan between the test groups.
      1. CoChairs: Invitation also extended to the 3 upcoming new ToC members as well.
      2. Jack: The only way to ensure software aligned as intended is through testing.  This is important.
    10. ActionYingying Wang provide a list of functionality that O-CU plans on targeting of where the O-CU is going in the coming releases.
      1. Rittwik: KPI Mon xApp requests certain metrics coming form O-CU. 
      2. Yingying: O-CU will focus on U plane.  No contribution on RRC part.  UE attachment will be a problem in B release.  E2 still under discussion with main contributor.  E2 will be discussed in following weeks in WG8
      3. Jung/Rittwik: O-CU not advanced enough to provide enough metrics to support traffic steering.  Fallback plan needed, enhancing E2 simulator to provide enough support.  Can SIM project support this?  Otherwise traffic steer is in jeopardy. O-DU has a plan to support.  But need O-CU support as well.  Need ToC decision on the fallback plan.
      4. CoChairs: Construct document for what's missing.  Is this possible in Cherry or even further out?
      5. Rittwik:  RSAC to provide document on what's current, what's future, suggesting alternatives.
      6. Jack: It will be  a weak message if this cannot be supported.
      7. Second use case (healthcheck) Non-RT RIC making progress
      8. Action: Allocate a time slot next week to discuss.
    11. Action / PTLs Update your section of the Bronze Release (Jun 2020).  Convey to people outside what we're going to do in this release.
      1. Lusheng: reminder sent.  only three projects which have not completed yet.
      2. Jack: Need to be done by Friday.
    12. ActionTracy Van Brakle send the URL of where on the wiki you posted the POC plugfest through lists.o-ransc.org.  
    13. Community asked for a release manager.
      1. Jack: will keep looking for an option.
  8. Standing Agenda Items (Brief Status of Ongoing Activities)
    1. Release Manager/Release Planning: Weekly TOC Scheduling
      1. Project Bronze Release
    2. Lusheng Ji Test & Integration Planning (INT)
    3. Report out from PTL: Stand-Up & Report Out on Blockers
      1. Matti Hiltunen RIC Applications (RICAPP) 
        1. Repo requests on mailing list from RICAPP and Non RT RIC
      2. Thoralf Czichy RIC Platform (RIC) 
        1. How to use ASN1 spec from O-RAN Alliance, due to its restrictive licensing requirements. 
          1. Martin: same problem for OAM, yang model from O-RAN Alliance is not open.
          2. Jack: on-going with O-RAN Alliance legal on permissions.  To add agenda item next week (added as 10.a and 10.b)
      3. Yingying Wang O-RAN Centralized Unit (OCU)
      4. Sachin Srivastava O-RAN Distributed Unit High (ODUHIGH)
      5. Zhimin Yuan O-RAN Distributed Unit Low (ODULOW)
      6. Martin Skorupski Operations and Maintenance (OAM)
      7. Alex Stancu Simulations (SIM)
      8. Xiaohua Zhang Infrastructure (INF)
      9. weichen ni Documentation (DOC)
      10. John Keeney Non-RealTime RIC (RAN Intelligent Controller) (NONRTRIC)
      11. (TBD) O-RAN Radio Unit (ORU)
    4. Rittwik Jana Requirements Software Architecture Committee
  9. New Agenda Items (New Business): New Items Submitted (+speaker) & Open Call to TOC For Additional Items
    1. Jung: WG3 co-chairs, discrepancy between Near RT RIC PLT and WG3.  WG3 completed E2 spec R1, approval coming this week.  R2 work starts immediately after, to be complete by 3Q20.  Bronze (end of 2Q20) will be E2 R1 or E2 R2 pre-release?  How to support traffic steering because needed features not in R1.
      1. Jack: if R2 completes by 3Q, it will not be in Cherry because it misses planning window.  Need more structured naming since as minor versioning.  Features may be available at minor revisions. 
      2. Jung: there should be a regular channel to exchange requirements. 
      3. CoChairs: OSC have people attending WG3 regularly.  Rarely get feedback from WG3.  We need more feedback from WG3
      4. Jung: Need written feature request.
      5. Jack: Need a table for communicating the structure, which version of spec / feature to implement.  Also need firm dates on when the spec is needed by to be included in an OSC release.
    2. Jinri: Open dataset
  10. Planning for Next Meeting
    1. O-RAN Alliance spec license restriction for ASN.1 spec (raised by Thoralf)
    2. O-RAN Alliance spec license restriction for Yang model (raised by Martin)
  11. Any Other Business (AOB)
  12. Meeting Summary (resolutions, new action items, etc.)

Anchor
previousmeeting
previousmeeting

2020 02 05

Recording: 2020-02-05-toc.mp4

Agenda

  1. Call for Scribe (minutes owner) Farheen Cefalu
  2. Roll Call & Quorum Check 

    Company

    Contact Name

    Attendance

    Alternate Contact

    Attendance

    AT&T

    Jack Murray Co-Chair


    Lusheng Jix

    China Mobile

    Jinri Huang Co-Chair

    xWeichen Ni

    Deutsche Telekom 

    David Streibl




    NTT DOCOMO

    Masafumi Masuda

    xAnil Umesh
    Orange

    William Diego

    xVincent Danno

    Viswa Kumar




    *Quorum: 50% or more of total TSC voting members unless excluded due to attendance.  We have a quorum and can vote on activities.

  3. Review and Agree to Minutes of Previous Meeting

    1. The minutes of the prior meetings were reviewed, and there were no comments, questions or corrections.
      1. Vote to approve minutes for  
      2. On motion made by Masafumi Masuda
      3. Seconded by William Diego Maza
      4. VOTE: Vote taken, item passed
  4. Review of Today's Agenda
  5. Release Votes and Approval
    • Maintenance window closed last Saturday.  Lusheng asked PTLs to update their information.  
    • Action/ Lusheng Ji Ask PTLs to update the Status column on Amber Maintenance (Feb, 2020) page.
    • Is there a doc meeting required for the maintenance release?
      • The docs project will automatically update the documentation.
    • Except for the Amber Maintenance (Feb, 2020) updates the maintenance release is complete?
      • Bug fixes.
      • Unfinished features had an opportunity to be completed.
    • Motion made by Lusheng Ji to approve the Amber maintenance release on  
  6. Marketing of the Amber release (WG, LF, PR)
    1. MWC (Barcelona)
      1. Jinri - More about O-RAN Alliance demo.
        1. for this year O-RAN Alliance will have 23 demos which will be scattered from different sponsors.  This is a large number considering O-RAN Alliance opened it's membership 1.5 years ago.  It already had 150 members.  There are 26 operator members.
        2. O-RAN does not have it's own dedicated booth.
    2. O-RAN Alliance F2F Feb 17-21 (Paris)
      1. Jinri - will have to leave in 10 minutes for an adhoc TSC meeting regarding the current tense situation caused by the Corona virus in China. The F2F may be changed to an online virtual meeting or have the attendees meet remotely.
      2. For the TOC meeting Agenda 
        1. Take an opportunity to introduce our Bronze release.
        2. Require the PTLs to bring their project status report for the discussion.  PTLs can introduce additional functionality in order to support the Bronze release.  What is the current status, challenges, and architecture.
        3. Bring your alignment with the working groups in particular WG3.
        4. Jinri will bring brief TSC reports from TOC.
        5. When and where will we know about the decision about the F2F.
        6. Do we simply point to the Jira tickets or should we have a slide deck?

          1. Slide decks are preferred because they will distributed to other O-RAN Alliance WGs.  This is a good opportunity to share your accomplishments with the WG.  Looking for design, timeframe, challenges, and most importantly WG alignment.

          2. Two weeks to go for F2F so we need to prepare.

        7. Action/ PTLs get your F2F slide decks ready.  That is in 3 days.

    3. ONES = LF Networking Conference in April (Los Angeles).  Open Networking & Edge Summit Event
 
      1. Ericsson submitted a proposal for a panel discussion that will discuss the results in Amber plugfest.  Confident that the proposal will be accepted.  We are trying to get visibility for OSC-Amber and get everybody excited about OSC Bronze.
      2.  Jinri Huang  Tracy Van Brakle  suggested speak with Paul about the demos at ONES.
  7. Status of Open Action Items (Old Business)
    1. Action/ Farheen - Get the information from Jack and put it on the events page of the wiki.

    2. Action / TOC voting members: Provide an alternate contact on the TOC list above.

    3. ActionThoralf Czichy update the TOC with the new Nokia TOC members.

    4. ActionRittwik Jana talk to Jack to send out an email to the new TOC members; Nokia, Ericsson, and Radisys.

    5. Action/ Rittwik set up a time with Jack and Radisys to discuss Jira and their needs.

    6. ActionRittwik Jana update TSC with the short/long term UE simulator support.  

      1. He has been talking to members regarding feasibility but not sure if he has gotten commitment for it.
      2. ENGWEI KOO - Rittwik Jana asked Engwei to join.  We created a slide to better understand the UE simulator.
      3. Shared a high-level slides.
        1. We are looking for the O-DU, O-CU generating messages to the real time RIC.
        2. Engwei - Are you looking for OCU simulator that's connected to 
        3. We need emulator UE KPIs that represent the RF signal strengths of neighbors so we can predict based on signal strength whether the UE quality of experience from a neighbor or serving cells.  We need those measurements and KPIs.  Cell utilization metrics are also needed.  
        4. Engwei set up a call with Rittwik Jana
    7. Action/ TOC we need a test coordinator with the O-RAN test group so we can come up with a common plan between the test groups.

    8. ActionYingying Wang provide a list of functionality that O-CU plans on targeting of where the O-CU is going in the coming releases.

    9. Action/ All PTLs take Martin's alarm template and fill out your own components alarms.Take a look at the template and fill out what you can.  If you don't have information then let Martin know.

      1. PTLs provide general or any kind of alarms 
    10. Action / On the Bronze release page update their table.  A few have but I would like everyone to begin filling out their tables.  Convey to people outside what we're going to do in this release.

    11. ActionTracy Van Brakle post POC plugfest in June to the wiki events page.

      1. Readout June 25 and as we get closer we'll have a project plan.  We are focusing on two first responder scenarios.  Tracy posted the slides on the wiki.
      2. ActionTracy Van Brakle send the URL for the POC plutfest through lists.o-ransc.org.  
    12. Action/ PTLs update Architecture pages.

      1. Lusheng Ji  send out a reminder to PTLs.
  8. Standing Agenda Items (Brief Status of Ongoing Activities)
    1. Release Manager/Release Planning: Weekly TOC Scheduling
      1. Amber Maintenance Release - is closed
      2. Project Bronze Release
        1. Working with LF on the CI/CD pipeline.  Contact Lusheng Ji if you have trouble with the CI/CD pipeline.  Jenkins server has been acting up.
    2. Lusheng Ji Test & Integration Planning (INT)
    3. Report out from PTL: Stand-Up & Report Out on Blockers
      1. Matti Hiltunen RIC Applications (RICAPP) 
      2. Thoralf Czichy RIC Platform (RIC) 
        1. list of draft epics: use this JIRA filter as per Jira usage conventions. Seven subteams now analyze this draft.
        2. Traffic steering derived JIRA epics: filter (2 of 4 are currently in Bronze) // Health-check derived JIRA epics: filter . Already sure that not all will fit in Bronze.
      3. Yingying Wang O-RAN Centralized Unit (OCU)
      4. Sachin Srivastava O-RAN Distributed Unit High (ODUHIGH)
      5. Zhimin Yuan O-RAN Distributed Unit Low (ODULOW)
      6. Martin Skorupski Operations and Maintenance (OAM)
      7. Alex Stancu Simulations (SIM)
      8. Xiaohua Zhang Infrastructure (INF)
      9. weichen ni Documentation (DOC)
      10. John Keeney Non-RealTime RIC (RAN Intelligent Controller) (NONRTRIC)
      11. (TBD) O-RAN Radio Unit (ORU)
    4. Rittwik Jana Requirements Software Architecture Committee
  9. New Agenda Items (New Business): New Items Submitted (+speaker) & Open Call to TOC For Additional Items
    1. Intel contributions - Jack is working with legal issues with binary contributions. C++ compiler to build G++ for Amber.  The G++ performance is not as high as Intel.
    2. Formalizing structure for release management.
    3. We need a release manager.
  10. Planning for Next Meeting
  11. Any Other Business (AOB) 
  12. Meeting Summary (resolutions, new action items, etc.)
    1. Votes 
      1. The minutes of the prior meetings were reviewed, and there were no comments, questions or corrections.
        1. Vote to approve minutes for  
        2. On motion made by Masafumi Masuda
        3. Seconded by William Diego Maza
        4. VOTE: Vote taken, item passed
      2. Motion made by Lusheng Ji to approve the Amber maintenance release on  
    2. Actions
      1. Action/ Lusheng Ji Ask PTLs to update the Status column on Amber Maintenance (Feb, 2020) page.
      2. Action/ PTLs get your F2F slide decks ready.  Due  
      3. Action / TOC voting members: Provide an alternate contact on the TOC list above.
      4. ActionJinri Huang  Tracy Van Brakle  suggested speak with Paul about the demos at ONES.
      5. ActionRittwik Jana talk to Jack to send out an email to the new TOC members; Nokia, Ericsson, and Radisys.

      6. Action/ Rittwik set up a time with Jack and Radisys to discuss Jira and their needs.

      7. ActionRittwik Jana update TSC with the short/long term UE simulator support.  

      8. Action/ TOC we need a test coordinator with the O-RAN test group so we can come up with a common plan between the test groups.
      9. ActionYingying Wang provide a list of functionality that O-CU plans on targeting of where the O-CU is going in the coming releases.
      10. Action / PTLs Update your section of the Bronze Release (Jun 2020).  Convey to people outside what we're going to do in this release.
      11. ActionTracy Van Brakle send the URL of where on the wiki you posted the POC plugfest through lists.o-ransc.org.  
      12. Action/ Lusheng Ji  send a reminder to the PTLs to update their projects Architecture page within their spaces on the wiki.
      13. Community asked for a release manager.


Return to Todays Agenda ^

Archived Meetings