This page describes how to demonstrate the entire flow from Non-Rt RIC Controlpanel -> Policy Agent -> (A1 controller in SDNC) -> Near Realtime Ric Simulator. Optionally A1 controller can be left out.
Overview of the End to End call
Details of the architecture can be found from the following link: Release A
End to End call from Dashboard to NearRT-RIC simulator
See Release A - Build/Run for building and starting the environment.
Either option A or B can be setup and all end to end actions from Dashboard should work same way.
Perform Policy Operations via Dashboard
- Open Dashboard UI at http://localhost:8080/
- Click on Config and the screen below with STD_QosNudging_0.2.0 policy type should open
- Click on '+' icon to create new policy
- Choose your ric (ric1 or ric2) from drop-down menu and provide any arbitrary values for QoS Id, Ue Id and Priority
- Submit the policy (you then need to also press Close to return from creation view)
- An entry to the chosen nearRT-RIC simulator console/log should appear (see, for example, docker logs ric1 in case ric1 policy was created):
172.18.0.3 - - [02/Apr/2020 07:33:57] "PUT /A1-P/v1/policies/ac3e914a-b39c-4d93-b77c-d2ebac756267?policyTypeId=STD_QoSNudging_0.2.0 HTTP/1.1" 201 -
- You may repeat the creation process a few times for different rics - below we see one policy created to ric1 and two to ric2
- Click the pen icon to modify any policy
- Even though the dashboard allows changing any value, the simulator will only accept Priority changes
- Modifications are submitted in the same way as in creation, and the resulting simulator log should also be identical to the one we saw in creation
172.18.0.3 - - [02/Apr/2020 07:51:19] "PUT /A1-P/v1/policies/ac3e914a-b39c-4d93-b77c-d2ebac756267?policyTypeId=STD_QoSNudging_0.2.0 HTTP/1.1" 201 -
- Delete any policy by clicking the red trashcan icon
- Confirm deletion and verify the log on simulator side:
172.18.0.3 - - [02/Apr/2020 08:02:21] "DELETE /A1-P/v1/policies/ac3e914a-b39c-4d93-b77c-d2ebac756267 HTTP/1.1" 204 -
Call from CCSDK A1 Controller to NearRT-RIC simulator
Limited tests to verify just OSC CCSDK A1 Controller calls towards NearRT-RIC simulator can be done by using ODL GUI. Dashboard and policy-agent are not needed in this case.
See Release A - Build/Run for building and starting the environment. If following those instructions, just skip the following steps:
- Release A - Build/Run#RunNon-RT-RICDashboardDockerContainer
Now only "a1-controller-container" and "sdnc_db_container" and simulators are running.
Perform Policy Operations via Open Daylight GUI
Get policy types
Get policy instances