Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TOC Voting Members 

Company

NameAlternate

AT&T

Jack Murray Co-Chair

Lusheng Ji

China Mobile

Jinri Huang Co-Chair


Deutsche Telekom 

David Streibl


NTT DOCOMO

Masafumi Masuda


OrangeVincent Danno

Verizon

Viswanath Kumar Skand Priya


Available (7)Available (7)
Available (8)Available (8)
Available (9)Available (9)
Available (10)Available (10)
Available (11)Available (11)
Available (12)Available (12)

*Quorum: 50% or more of total TOC voting members unless excluded due to attendance.


Heads Up! Different International Timings for Daylight Savings (Fall back one hour)

O-RAN-SC TOC

Local times

Japan

China

India

Israel

Central Europe

Ireland

US-East

US-West

2019-10-23, Mi

21:00

20:00

17:30

15:00

14:00

13:00

08:00

05:00

2019-10-30, Mi

21:00

20:00

17:30

14:00

13:00

12:00

08:00

05:00

2019-11-06, Mi

22:00

21:00

18:30

15:00

14:00

13:00

08:00

05:00

daylight savings impact

TOC Meeting Info

Technical Oversight Committee meetings are open to the public and held on Wednesdays at 8 AM Eastern Time USA.  World Time Zone Map

Zoom 2 Info:

  • Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, or Android: https://zoom.us/j/6540568082
  • Or Telephone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)
CityTimeZoom/Audio Bridge
UTC-timeWednesday 12:00

https://zoom.us/j/6540568082

New York (EDT / UTC-4)Wednesday 08:00+1 669 900 6833
+1 646 558 8656
855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
877 369 0926 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 654 056 8082
Paris (CEST / UTC+2)Wednesday 14:00+33 7 5678 4048
+33 1 8288 0188
805 082 588 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 654 056 8082
Beijing (CST / UTC+8)Wednesday 20:00+86 10 87833177
+86 10 53876330
400 616 8835 (Toll Free)
400 669 9381 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 654 056 8082
Tokyo (JST / UTC+9) Wednesday 21:00+81 524 564 439
+81 3 4578 1488
0 800 100 5040 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID:
654 056 8082
Helsinki  (EEST / UTC+3)Wednesday 15:00

+358 341092129

Meeting ID: 654 056 8082


2019 11 20

Agenda

  1. Call for Scribe (minutes owner) Farheen Cefalu
  2. Roll Call & Quorum Check 

    Company

    Contact NameAttendanceAlternate ContactAttendance

    AT&T

    Jack Murray Co-Chair

    x



    China Mobile

    Jinri Huang Co-Chair




    Deutsche Telekom 

    David Streibl




    NTT DOCOMO

    Masafumi Masuda

    x

    Orange

    William Diego

    xVincent Danno

    Viswa Kumar




    *Quorum: 50% or more of total TSC voting members unless excluded due to attendance.  We have a quorum and can vote on activities.

  3. Review and Agree to Minutes of Previous Meetings

    1. The minutes of the prior meetings were reviewed, and there were no comments, questions or corrections.
      1. Vote to approve minutes for  
      2. On motion made by William Diego Maza
      3. Seconded by MASAFUMI MASUDA
      4. VOTE: Vote taken, item passed
  4. Review of Today's Agenda
  5. Release Votes and Approval
    1. Have a wiki link with all the release info in one place (in process)
      1. Gather all items related to the Amber Release under Amber Release on this wiki.
    2. Vote to accept the license scan and upstream licenses are approved for use. These have been reviewed with LF and are normal.
      1. LF code scans, code licenses, and code clean up work status. 
      2. TSC will take a vote to approve upstream licenses that are compatible within our projects. 
      3. This will be repeated at every release.
      4. Lusheng - LF sends us a spreadsheet that lists all the red and yellow items that have failed the scan.  
        1. binary issues have all been addressed.
        2. non-binary have been scanned. 
        3. Attribution tab these are the files hosted in our repo and they are not Apache 2 license.  Common practice is to copy from another open project into our project code.  As long as the foreign code license is not copy left.  As long as it is open source friendly it is legally safe to practice.  Foreign code files should contain their own license claims and should be highlighted as non open source compatible.
        4. We follow the LF practice about foreign code from the License Attribution Records page.  You will find the best practices for license attribution friendliness.  
        5. We want TOC approval for the Request to Approve section of License Attribution Records
          1. Vote to approve Request to Approve referencing and using the additional licenses for the open source software community from section of License Attribution Records.  
          2. On motion made by Lusheng Ji
          3. Seconded by MASAFUMI MASUDA
          4. VOTE: Vote taken, item passed
        6. Action/ Lusheng Ji add record and date of the approved licenses on License Attribution Records
    3. Vote on the official release of Amber and  branches.  Vote to approve the branching and release of the Amber software. 
      1. Project Readiness for Amber Release.  Lusheng asking to accept all the repos on the Project Readiness for Amber Release for the branching of the Amber release. 
      2. Where do we put the video demos?
        1. Not appropriate on gerrit.  We will have to display videos on this wiki.
          1. Under the Amber release tab we will have a table with all the projects and videos.  That will be the release point to go to on the wiki for the Amber release.
          2. Action / Farheen Cefalu work with Jack to update the Amber Release page.
          3. The Release PR will go out Dec 3.  The final day of the release is November 30.  The guidance is to do it on a Tuesday.  The first Tuesday in December the press release will go out.  The vote today is the official designation and preparation of the Amber release.  Clean up these last remaining items to support the release by the end of November.  Once we branch we will move into the maintenance cycle to start fixing defects and moving to the maintenance release for Amber.  We will go through a similar process for each release.
          4. Approve the Amber Release and go ahead and branch all the code and related information supporting the release thereby closing the Amber release so that we can close all Amber activities by November 30 and do a press release on December 3rd for the O-RAN-SC Amber Release.  Project Readiness for Amber Release.
            1. Is the vote only for green?  
              1. It is for green not red.
          5. Lusheng - Allow all the green repos to align with the process from this Project Readiness for Amber Release.
            1. On motion made by Lusheng Ji
            2. Seconded by William Diego Maza
            3. VOTE: Vote taken, item passed
  6. Marketing of the Amber release (WG, LF, PR)
    1. The key is PR.  We had an EC meeting on Monday.  We discussed the PR statement.  Jack and Jinri are working through the input from different entities.  O-RAN Alliance gave guidance along with LF.  Statement is not a lot of content.  We open it for quotes from companies related to the release.  Individual companies who want to add quotes to the statement reach out to John Murray or Jinri Huang.  There is a deadline for   to get your quotes in.  We don't have a formal PR system but we are working through getting that sorted out through the assistance of O-RAN Alliance and LF.  
  7. Status of Open Action Items (Old Business)
    1. Action/Jinri Huang  will create a framework  for the O-RAN SC marketing plan.
    2. ActionTracy Van Brakle and Martin Skorupski to align and document the plugfest plan for a demo video.
      1. Tracy - It's moving forward and we will record the readout on December 5th.  There are updated slides on O-RAN SC and the ONAP wiki.  
      2. Martin - For NJ there are new code artifacts based on the current repo available.  First use case of O-RAN Alliance OAM is still available.  I am confident that we will have a nice plugfest in New Jersey.
      3. There is a simplified optimization.  It will be an interesting event in both the POC and plugfest.
    3. ActionJinri Huang  will add the F2F meeting minutes to the events page.  
    4. ActionRittwik Jana Alignment and adjust OAI code to be compliant with O-RAN Alliance.  This is an architectural review of fitting the code.
    5. ActionJohn Murray closing the remaining the TOC slots.
    6. ActionLusheng Ji update the TOC with the status of branching Amber on  
    7. Action / John Murray We will vote on the licensing next week  regarding the License Attribution Records
  8. Standing Agenda Items (Brief Status of Ongoing Activities)
    1. Release Manager/Release Planning: Weekly TOC Scheduling
      1. Project Readiness for Amber Release
    2. Lusheng Ji Test & Integration Planning (INT)
      1. We will be doing a demonstration of the branching process after this call.
    3. Report out from PTL: Stand-Up & Report Out on Blockers
      1. Matti Hiltunen RIC Applications (RICAPP) 
      2. Thoralf Czichy RIC Platform (RIC) 
        1. A reminder to the extra line Nokia wanted in source files for near-RT RIC to add this sentence: "This source code is part of the near-RT RIC (Radio Intelligent Controller) platform project (RICP)." (see also Scope of the near-RT RIC platform and its components (summary)). This is to clearly define the scope of the project to near-RT RIC. This was discussed earlier and Jack was supposed to come back with solution to this.
          1. Add it under the license
      3. Yingying Wang O-RAN Centralized Unit (OCU)
      4. Sachin Srivastava O-RAN Distributed Unit High (ODUHIGH)
      5. Zhimin Yuan O-RAN Distributed Unit Low (ODULOW)
      6. Martin Skorupski Operations and Maintenance (OAM)
      7. Alex Stancu Simulations (SIM)
      8. Xiaohua Zhang Infrastructure (INF)
      9. weichen ni Documentation (DOC)
        1. Ask reviewing for documentation at https://docs.o-ran-sc.org/en/latest/, whether all Amber release repos docs are shown well on the documentation page. (ODUHIGH and ric-app-admin are finished, but the link has some delay, so not shown on the page so far. There also a couple of repos are still working on docs, almost finish.)
      10. John Keeney Non-RealTime RIC (RAN Intelligent Controller) (NONRTRIC)
      11. (TBD) O-RAN Radio Unit (ORU)
    4. Rittwik Jana Requirements Software Architecture Committee
      1. Epics are in the spreadsheet.  Most people have contributed to the epics.  We have been going through the epics in the RSAC.
      2. Request to have all the PTLs to be review the spreadsheet of epics.
      3. Matti - we will share slides with Rittwik for xApps.
      4. Rittwik - In the spreadsheet we have classified them into higher level topic names.  These classifications are really our epics.  Please review the spreadsheet.  Next week we can briefly go over.  The next meeting we will shift from PTLs to planning and requirements software. Development meetings will start in February.
  9. New Agenda Items (New Business): New Items Submitted (+speaker) & Open Call to TOC For Additional Items
  10. Planning for Next Meeting
    1. Next week Thursday is a holiday.  There may be lighter attendance next Wednesday.  We will recap Amber and start the discussion around Bronze.
  11. Open Discussion
  12. Any Other Business (AOB) 
  13. Meeting Summary (resolutions, new action items, etc.)


2019 11 13

Zoom meeting: 2019-11-13_toc.mp4

Agenda

  1. Call for Scribe (minutes owner) Farheen Cefalu
  2. Roll Call & Quorum Check 

    Company

    Contact NameAttendanceAlternate ContactAttendance

    AT&T

    Jack Murray Co-Chair

    x



    China Mobile

    Jinri Huang Co-Chair




    Deutsche Telekom 

    David Streibl

    x

    NTT DOCOMO

    Masafumi Masuda

    x

    Orange

    William Diego

    xVincent Danno

    Viswa Kumar




    *Quorum: 50% or more of total TSC voting members unless excluded due to attendance.  We have a quorum and can vote on activities.

  3. Review and Agree to Minutes of Previous Meetings

    1. The minutes of the prior meetings were reviewed, and there were no comments, questions or corrections.
    2. Vote to approve minutes for  
    3. On motion made by David Streibl
    4. Seconded by MASAFUMI MASUDA
    5. VOTE: Vote taken, item passed
  4. Review of Today's Agenda
  5. Marketing of the Amber release (WG, LF, PR)
    1. Jack saw the initial draft of the framework for the O-RAN SC marketing plan and needs to review.  Comments from participating companies is encouraged.  We are entering the window of time to get approvals to get a quote.  Those interested reach out to Jinri Huang and copy John Murray.
  6. Status of Open Action Items (Old Business)
    1. Action/Jinri Huang  will create a framework  for the O-RAN SC marketing plan.
    2. ActionTracy Van Brakle and Martin Skorupski to align and document the plugfest plan for a demo video.
    3. ActionJinri Huang  will add the F2F meeting minutes to the events page.  
    4. ActionRittwik Jana Alignment and adjust OAI code to be compliant with O-RAN Alliance.  This is an architectural review of fitting the code.
    5. ActionJohn Murray closing the remaining the TOC slots.
    6. ActionLusheng Ji update the TOC with the status of branching Amber on  
    7. Action / John Murray We will vote on the licensing next week  regarding the License Attribution Records
    8. Action/ TOC Docker hub prefix naming vote due  .  Suggestion was made to call the prefix o-ran-sc
      1. Jack: Use oransc and oranscp.  This makes it evident that there is a difference and when people investigate that difference they see that it is associated with licensing
  7. Standing Agenda Items (Brief Status of Ongoing Activities)
    1. Release Manager/Release Planning: Weekly TOC Scheduling
      1. Project Readiness for Amber Release
        1. we are in week 44. At this point we should be preparing to branch the code.
          1. Yes, branching now vs. later.  Now there will be significant changes made on both branches vs. later less items to change.
            1. No prepare for branching.  Not actually branching.  We are fixing and freezing that has to be wrapped up by the end of next week so we have one week to address any issues in the package.
    2. Lusheng Ji Test & Integration Planning (INT)
      1. Project Readiness for Amber Release 
      2. The teams have made good progress in turning the cells in the link above to green.
      3. What areas should we focus on to close.
        1. Producing the documentation and the minimum requirement for documentation are the release notes.
      4. Licensing License Attribution Records.  LF has a scanning process for code licenses. They will be scanning licenses that we are pulling from an upstream source are being generated by a tool.  The community should take the time to review License Attribution Records.
      5. What is the next milestone to hit by this Friday from the TOC?
        1. Was hoping to have all the cells green by today but will wait until Friday  .  We need this done to branch the Amber code.  We need to complete the branching by next weeks meeting.  .  
        2.  
    3. Report out from PTL: Stand-Up & Report Out on Blockers
      1. Matti Hiltunen RIC Applications (RICAPP) 
      2. Thoralf Czichy RIC Platform (RIC)
        1. request to approve one new repo and committer changes for two existing repos as per this e-mail
          1. When we request changes from LF Aric Gardner has info.yml files for committer management.  This will be done through gerrit.  Need TOC and LF approval. 
            1. This will be handled in Bronze.
      3. Yingying Wang O-RAN Centralized Unit (OCU)
      4. Sachin Srivastava O-RAN Distributed Unit High (ODUHIGH)
      5. Zhimin Yuan O-RAN Distributed Unit Low (ODULOW)
      6. Martin Skorupski Operations and Maintenance (OAM)
      7. Alex Stancu Simulations (SIM)
      8. Xiaohua Zhang Infrastructure (INF)
      9. weichen ni Documentation (DOC)
        1. Thoralf: need to discuss how we know when a repo/subproject is done. So far not all is visible in readthedocs it seems.
      10. John Keeney Non-RealTime RIC (RAN Intelligent Controller) (NONRTRIC)
        1. Henrik Andersson as a committer for the Non-RealTime RIC . 
        2. Motion made by John Keeney 
        3. Seconded by David Streibl
        4. VOTE: Vote taken, item passed
      11. (TBD) O-RAN Radio Unit (ORU)
    4. Rittwik Jana Requirements Software Architecture Committee
  8. New Agenda Items (New Business): New Items Submitted (+speaker) & Open Call to TOC For Additional Items
  9. Planning for Next Meeting
  10. Open Discussion
  11. Any Other Business (AOB) 
  12. Meeting Summary (resolutions, new action items, etc.)
    1. Votes
      1. The minutes of the prior meetings were reviewed, and there were no comments, questions or corrections.

        1. Vote to approve minutes for  

        2. On motion made by David Streibl

        3. Seconded by MASAFUMI MASUDA

        4. VOTE: Vote taken, item passed

      2. Add Henrik Andersson as a committer for the Non-RealTime RIC . 
        1. Motion made by John Keeney 
        2. Seconded by David Streibl
        3. VOTE: Vote taken, item passed
    2. Actions
      1. Action/Jinri Huang  will create a framework  for the O-RAN SC marketing plan.
      2. ActionTracy Van Brakle and Martin Skorupski to align and document the plugfest plan for a demo video.
      3. ActionJinri Huang  will add the F2F meeting minutes to the events page.  
      4. ActionRittwik Jana Alignment and adjust OAI code to be compliant with O-RAN Alliance.  This is an architectural review of fitting the code.
      5. ActionJohn Murray closing the remaining the TOC slots.
      6. ActionLusheng Ji update the TOC with the status of branching Amber on  
      7. Action / John Murray We will vote on the licensing next week  regarding the License Attribution Records

Return to Todays Agenda ^

Archived Meetings

  • No labels

11 Comments

  1. The "Zoom Meeting Recording" link under the "2019 05 01" Meeting minutes points to an O-RAN-SC charter PDF instead of the expected .MP4 file

    1. Ranny Haiby  I have updated the link to the correct link.  Thanks for catching!

  2. The "Zoom Meeting Recording" link under the "2019 0515" Meeting minutes points to 2019 0508 meeting recording.MP4 file.


  3. Jun Hyuk Song , I was unable to upload the May 15 recorded zoom meeting.  I opened a trouble ticket.  I'll keep you posted.

  4. I suggest creating one sub page per week to record meeting minutes to prevent scroll overflow of this page.

    1. Viswanath Kumar Skand Priya Yes, All archived minutes are on the side navigation.  This page is reserved for future meetings.

  5. July 3rd 7.2 recording is the same as June 26th.  Actually, Jinri explained meeting results with David & Inspur, and Xiaohua Zhang from Wind River confirmed the cooperation with Inspur on StarlingX. Jack concerned about the relationship between upstream and OSC, suggested Inspur to do work different from upstream in OSC. So it is better to revise it.

  6. gao xian , thank you for bringing the issue to my attention.  I have updated the video file.  The meeting has been archived.  2019 07 03.  Good luck!

  7. Farheen Cefalu

    A few comments on Aug. 7 meeting minute.


    1, throughout the whole minute, it should be "O-RAN" instead of "ORAN";

    2, In New business → POC and Spec investigation from EC discussion: it should be "MWC" instead of "NWC". There are 3 such occurrence. 

    3, In 5.d.3 regarding Ganesh and Alex's AP: it should be ODU instead of ODL;


  8. Farheen Cefalu


    One more comment regarding the Aug. 7 minute.


    On the last AP, the POC could be video, ppt, or live/static demo

  9. Farheen Cefalu


    The numbering of 0828's agenda looks not correct...